Get Organized: Simple Tips to Make Over Your Jewelry Box
If you are like most women, your jewelry box is most likely cluttered and unorganized. However, getting it organized is easier than you might think. It is also very important. Storing jewelry properly will help ensure it will last for generations to come. The right organization will also allow you to see your jewelry so you can wear it more regularly. Here are some simple tips to getting your jewelry box worthy of the jewels you put in it:
- Always store your jewelry in a clean, dry place. Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper. This keeps your jewelry untangled and will help keep it from tarnishing.
- Don’t jumble your Jewelry! Choose a jewelry box with many little compartments, rather than styles that have a few larger sections. This will keep your pieces from getting jumbled and scratching each other.
- Separate your everyday jewelry – Jewelry that is worn often can be placed in a smaller, separate jewelry box or tray. Keeping jewelry accessible will help you find what you need and remind you of the beautiful pieces you own. Keep in mind, however, that a secure safe is still your best bet for your irreplaceable gems.
- Hang them up – There are a variety of organizers that have a hanger like a hook with numerous clear pouches. Those styles are a great way to keep your earrings separate and visible. Place one pair of earrings in each pouch to ensure that the posts will not scratch the other earrings.
- Implementing these simple tips will makeover your jewelry box and ensures you will be able to enjoy your jewelry for years to come.
Looking for a new jewelry box, traveling case, or jewelry pouches? Stop by our store! We have catalogs with a wide range of boxes and bags to keep your jewelry safe.
We’re The Uptown Jeweler – Stop by and see us soon!